Infonas is currently looking for Engineer, Network Monitoring. As a member of the team you will be responsible for maintain service availability for the network and all services, providing first-level support for network and services, maintaining the Network Documentation and carry reporting tasks, represent Infonas with different customers and carriers professionally.
Scope of the Job
- Service management and assurance of Infonas services and infrastructure.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Customer service oriented by
- Restoring customer services in minimum time
- Attend customer issues within 5 minutes of their reporting
- Follow on incidents persistently till closure
- Identify root causes of corniche issues
- Carry out L1 trouble shooting on Infonas network and services
- Provide services and firmware upgrade on the following Platforms:
- VoIP platform
- Core IP network
- Bitstream platform
- GPON Platform
- Actively participate in service commissioning and testing
- Well founded in IP networks diagnostic and troubleshooting tools
- Interface Infonas partners, carriers and customers on Planned Maintenance events.
- Implement network documentation of Infonas circuits.
- Service management and assurance of the below services:
- VoIP platform and services,
- Local and international Private Leased line circuits,
- Transmission network
- Core IP network
- Bitstream platform
- GPON platform
- Microwave and wireless links
- Monitor the physical security of the data centers and all POP’s
- Implement access control on Infonas network assets data centers
- Follow the NOC’s Processes and Policies
- Follow the SLA agreements signed with Infonas customers
- Maintain network documentation
- Ensure full handover of each shift
- Maintain a safe and tidy work station
- Support other operation’s units and commercial units of Infonas
- Actively participate in network projects within the Operations unit.
- Participate in the information flow by creating work instruction methods
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Handles problems associated with:
- Handles problems associated with Layer 1 – guidelines
- Set priorities to issues on daily basis
- Makes decisions independently
- Team player.
- Good Communication skills.
- Good operating knowledge of telecommunication and IP networks
- Good knowledge of VoIP technology
- Good knowledge of transmission and emulation technologies
- Good knowledge of company’s products and services
- Good knowledge of the company’s network structure
- Good knowledge of the company’s customers and market share
- Interact effectively with peers, clients and vendors
- Customer focus – responsiveness to service requirements
- Collaborative; a team player that carries out own tasks and duties
- Self-management skills – time management; Etc… .
- Able to work for long periods unsupervised
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Procedural thinking
- Pro active
- High Customer – Quality Focus
- Identifies and voices issues that may harm the business
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- Computer sciences or Telecommunications degree or equivalent knowledge
- Understanding of telecommunication networks and principles such as voice and transmission
- Good Understanding of computers and computer system architectures
- Excellent Understanding of IP networks
- CCNA Routing and Switching certified is a MUST
- CCNA Voice is a plus
- CCNP ISP is a plus
- Has a desire to solve problems and help customers.
- Independent thinker with a solution-focused attitude.
- Keen interest in telecoms/IT or willing to learn about telecom technology.
- Fully motivated to achieve set goals and targets.
- Identifies and voices issues that may harm the business.
- Need to work 12 hour shifts in a rotational pattern
- Will be required to work weekends and public holidays
- Will be required to work extra days/hours on demand
- Working in normal office environment
- Facing constant interruptions on a regular basis
- Sporadically work in Data center environment, cold and noisy conditions
- Spending long working hours in intense concentration.
- Dealing with a variety of people on numerous issues.