Engineer, Network Planning
Establish telecommunications networks by designing, installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.Establish telecommunications networks by designing, installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
Scope of the Job
- Responsible for the maintenance & operation of the network.
- Responsible for design & implementation of new service orders.
- Planning expansions and upgrades
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design of service provider network using the latest technologies.
- Troubleshooting sophisticated network issues with urgency to main customer SLAs.
- Work as the main escalation point for network issues.
- Attend meeting with customers to understand the requirements and to provide solution design.
- Work with NOC, sales team and Network deployment for all network-related requirements.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Handles problems associated with:
- Network incidents /circuit problems
- Technology limitations against business requirements
- Is required to take decisions independently in connection with:
- Network troubleshooting issues
- Detailed writing and reporting skills
- Driven to Deliver
- Detail oriented
- Time management
- Strong hands-on experience in IP networks specially MPLS and BGP.
- CCIE – SP or CCIE-R&S
- Strong SDN and NFV knowledge.
- Strong network security experience.
- Basic understanding of VoIP and transmission networks.
- Solution-focused attitude
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- Identifies and voices issues that may harm the business
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Telecommunications is desired.
- 4-5 years of experience on Installation, testing and commissioning of at least one of the following telecommunications networks:
- Ethernet, IP Networks, BGP and MPLS architecture
- SDH, PDH, OTN and DWDM networks
- Voice Network (PBX, IVR routing schemes, Carrier Operations, Call processing, capabilities and concepts)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Advanced certification in one of the following areas:
- Ethernet, IP Networks, BGP and MPLS architecture (preferably Cisco CCNP, CCIE)
- SDH, PDH, OTN and DWDM networks (preferably Ciena optical communications and CPL training)
- Voice networks (preferably Cisco CCNA Voice and CCVP)
- Physical demands
- Standard working hours , maybe required to come on-call
- Maybe required to travel.
- Maybe called in to the office at Odd hours
- Environmental conditions
- Working in normal office conditions
- Sometimes maybe required to go on customer meetings in customer premises
- Sometimes maybe required to go on-site for customer requirements and planned works.
- Sensory demands
- Maybe required to come into the office at odd hours during emergencies
- Mental demands
- Required to come up with solutions
- Required to propose changes
- Maybe faced with constant interruptions during emergency cases.
If you think you meet the above criteria, send your details to email@example.com with a Reference Code: ENP-008